Sunday, November 29, 2009

GNO Bookclub

I have been reading several books lately, including Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallow by JK Rowling  (10), Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger (same author as Time Travelers Wife...not as good but a 7), Kansas Troubles by Earlene Fowler...for GNO (6); and the Outlander by Diane Gabaldon..#1 of 6 or 7, all of which I think I shall have to read (10) Thank You Sara!!!! 
But now I have GNO Bookclub next (3 days from now) Wednesday night at Kelli's and I have just started the book "The Alchemist" by.....Paulo Coelho. Quote from book: "There is a language in the world that everyone understands. It is the language of enthusiasm, of things accomplished with love and purpose, and as part of a search for something believed in and desired."   "When you want something, all the universe conspires to help you achieve it."

Anyway it is very good so far.

Also reading Oprah Winfrey's O magazine from November (got to get it back to the library!!!!) But anyway several great articles I must remember..not sure how but one by Mary Karr whom I may become a big fan of. Newest book for her is called  Lit. Don't know if I want to read it first or start with her first book The Liars' Club....I'll have to think about it.
Also an amazing article and interview with Susan Klebold, the mother of Dylan Klebold (of the Columbine Massacre). Very moving and thought provoking.

No comments: